In common with all primary schools The Blake School receives PE and Sports Premium funding, which must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of pupils...to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles."
Over the academic year 2021/22 the funding has been used to:
- Increase the involvement of all children in informal physical activity at play times
- Ensure the wider sustained inclusion of children with SEND in formal sports competitions and as sports leaders within the school
- Increase the involvement of girls in formal sports events.
In the light of the Coronavirus pandemic, the funding has also been used to -
- Support teachers' planning for increased outdoor and physical activity
- Disseminate good practice across all staff, especially those working with unfamiliar year groups
Please click on the document below for the full report on how the premium has been spent and to find out why 96% of our Year 6 children listed PE and/or sports events as one of the things that they have enjoyed most during their time at The Blake School.